Thursday, March 15, 2007

Airsoft Minigun


I doubt that I will ever be able to create such a monster, but if I were to attempt it, this is my interpretation of how it would work:
The The Heart of the gun would be a chopped paintball gun. The gun would be moddified with a 6mm barrel and such, but would still contain the same amount of release, meaning I would be using heavy bbs. The CO2 tank would be stock paintball. The problem here is cooldown, firing that many rounds so fast. I may have to find an alternate power source. . .Perhaps I will talk to the local company that provides gases to businesses.

Another problem is the timing. the timing here puts a car to shame. It has to be EXACT!!!! any variation would cause a bb either missing a barrel altogether, or worse, hitting the side of it. Great care would have to be taken to find gears that are an exact match to the barrels, and then manually time them, much like you would a car, marking the exact spots where they match. anyways, a motor like this would be pumping out 1700rpm! so, whatever rate of fire your comfortable with, change the motor accordingly.

No comments: